Registration for the #DropZoneChallenge in 2023 in Vancouver is now OPEN!
Interested in Drop Zone but unable to take part in Drop Zone 2023? Complete this brief form to be informed of future Drop Zone events in BC.
Information for Drop Zone Vancouver 2023
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on Thursday, September 7, 2023. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 25-storey office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Fundraising Goal: Raise $875 minimum to rappel
You have until October 15th, 2023 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements!
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a home away from home for adults and families travelling to Vancouver for medical appointments. Easter Seals camps range from virtual, to week-long overnight camps, for all children and adults with disabilities aged 6-49 years old. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #EasterSealsDropZoneBC
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Your training session will take place at an indoor rock climbing gym and you will use the exact same gear in your training that you will use on event day.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel. The minimum fundraising requirement is $875.
- You have until October 15th, 2023 to raise the minimum fundraising requirement.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, or require any accessibilty accommodations to participate, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Jen Thomas JThomas@eastersealsbcy.ca or Tel: (604) 873-1865 Ext. 434.
- We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone in Burnaby, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Surrey. For more info, please contact Jen Thomas JThomas@eastersealsbcy.ca or Tel: (604) 873-1865 Ext. 434.
- For sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events nationally, please contact Devon Bathurst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2023 Drop Zone Vancouver Sponsors