Registration for the #DropZoneChallenge in 2022 in Vancouver is now OPEN!
Interested in Drop Zone but unable to take part in Drop Zone 2022? Complete this brief form to be informed of future Drop Zone events in BC.
Information for Drop Zone Vancouver 2022
Do you love to challenge yourself and help others? Then you can’t pass up the Easter Seals Drop Zone in Vancouver on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Drop Zone is back and ready for a new set of superheroes!
Maybe you’ve walked, run or biked for a cause. Now here’s a taller challenge to take you over the top and down the side of a 25-storey office building! The Vancouver Drop Zone challenges fearless participants to pay or raise a minimum amount in support of Easter Seals for the rare opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper.
Minimum Fundraising Goal: Raise $875 minimum to rappel
Last minute/walk ups: Raise $950 minimum to rappel
You have until October 15th, 2022 to raise the minimum fundraising requirements! If we haven’t received your minimum fundraising requirements by midnight on October 15th, 2022, we will automatically charge the difference to your credit card on file.
Take a look at our video for a sneak peek of what the day might look like and stay up to date with event news by signing up for our newsletter!
The hard-earned fundraising dollars support two essential services that Easter Seals BC/Yukon provides: Easter Seals House and Easter Seals Camp. Easter Seals House in Vancouver provides a low cost, caring place to stay for more than 100 parents and children every night. Our camp offers once-in-a-lifetime, week-long, fully accessible camping experiences for individuals living with disabilities, every summer. Watch some of our videos that capture the true essence of what Easter Seals Camp is all about!
Your support truly makes a difference. Become a Superhero for Easter Seals BCY TODAY! It will definitely be an experience that you won’t forget! #EasterSealsDropZoneBC
- To participate you must be 19 years of age or older on event day.
- Training sessions will be offered to participants in August and September at Climb Base 5 Gym in Coquitlam where you will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the rappelling equipment.
- You must meet the minimum fundraising requirement in order to be able to rappel. The minimum fundraising requirement is $875. The minimum fundraising requirement for last minute/walk-up registrants is $950.
- You have until October 15th, 2022 to raise the minimum fundraising requirement. If we haven’t received your minimum fundraising requirement by midnight on October 15th, 2022, we will automatically charge the difference to your credit card on file.
- Teams are encouraged for this event as it’s not only fun to rappel alongside others you know, but also easier to fundraise collectively as a group. Teams still need to raise the minimum multiplied by the number of individuals in that team, but you can raise the money collectively. For example, if there are two of you then you’ll need to raise a minimum of $1700, but if one person raises $1,000 and the other only $700 then you’ll both still be able to rappel. If a team of people raise funds but only are able to make it to $1500, then only one person from that team can rappel.
- Weight restrictions for the rappelling apparatus are also in effect. The maximum weight for rappellers is 275lbs. If you weigh more than this, please notify us when you register.
- The charitable Registration Number for the Vancouver event is 11921 7248 RR0001.
Please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at email@example.com or (604) 341-8353.
- We have multiple sponsorship opportunities available for Drop Zone in Burnaby, Kelowna, Vancouver and Surrey. For more info, please contact Samantha Bishop-Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 341-8353.
- For sponsorship opportunities of Drop Zone events nationally, please contact Casey Sabawi at email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2021 Drop Zone Vancouver Sponsors